View Single Post
May 30th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMV1213 View Post
I don't believe in abortion and I feel as though that option would leave me depressed and filled with regret for the rest of my life.
Having been on both sides of this coin, if the above are truly your sentiments and you're 100% sure, there's your answer, regardless of what the father thinks/feels. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on where you stand on the issue, his "decision" stopped at whether or not to have sex (since wearing a condom offers no foolproof protection). This is what I have drilled in my son from day one. As a male, he really has no right to tell a woman what to do with her body; the choice is hers.

If this is truly wholeheartedly how you feel, then you need to communicate that to the father and leave him to his thoughts/emotions. You should then tell your family and leave them to their thoughts/emotions. Then, you need to put a plan in place. How you will get health care for you and your baby, how you will earn a living to support your baby, how/where you will live, etc. REGARDLESS of the father's thoughts/promises, make sure you have a plan in place to take care of you and your child. It will be nice if he offers support and follows through, but the reality is that may not be the case. If you are going to have this child, be able to mentally, emotionally, physically and financially support it.

I am not a fan of religious counseling; it's my feeling that they are not equipped to give unbiased guidance. As for crisis counseling, if you go that route, please ensure you get linked to a pro-choice place that will provide you all options and unbiased counseling/support, regardless of which option you choose.