View Single Post
May 31st, 2013, 08:13 PM
Regular
Well, we had an ultrasound and it's a baby! LOL.
It's one, which is fine.
We saw the heart beating, but could not hear it.

I guess it's nice to see all aspects working as they should. That makes this mama happy.

We are still getting used to each other and it's sometimes awkward to talk about the pregnancy, after baby expectations and so on. You know, by this time in another relationship many of those things are a given. It's nice Here, it's still a bit daunting.

Let me share one aspect.

I've breastfed my other children. I didn't even begin pumping until I anticipated returning to work, a few weeks out to build a supply without over burdening myself in the process. I also rarely was able to get a baby to take a bottle until they were close to 4 months, and it always seemed to be "in the nick of time." With my first, and this one, I don't see a need to make the baby take a bottle. I work from home now so they'll be here with me. My husband on the other hand keeps bringing up how bonding it is to help feed, and asking if I'm going to be pumping. My perspective is that he can bond while holding, rubbing, bathing, and changing the diaper. It does not HAVE to include feeding!
My ex didn't pressure me either way. His ex did pump so he could help with feeding. It doesn't matter if you do or don't, but seeing as how I'm the food source, shouldn't it be my decision?

How do any of you feel about that?

Weeee