View Single Post
May 31st, 2013, 11:21 PM
Mommy to Be
She doesn't have the urge to nurse because she's considered a late preterm baby , I have to wake her every 2-3 hours and try to get her to nurse and I have to use a nipple shield because with her tongue tie she can't latch on correctly without it. She did very well today though, and I pump after each feeding from like 7am on I don't do it at night , the lactation consultant has had me doing it since I had her, my milk is coming in nicely today after she nursed I was able to get 1.5oz and was amazed then she woke up an hour later and I gave it to her lol. I'm so going to pump
Extra just to keep it in the frige for when she is being just unwilling to do anything. the lactation consultant did tell us it is hardest to breastfeeding a baby born between 35 and 37 weeks because they're lazy and they haven't developed that urge to eat, she doesn't cry when she gets hungry that's why I have to wake her up she only cries in the middle of the night which is why it's handy to have pumped milk on hand because she will completely refuse the breast and clench her jaw shut web she gets to that point. I am so glad I'm not the only
One that worries about her getting enough to eat , I've had a one track mind that's all I have been thinking about.

We have an appointment with the pediatrician tomorrow morning, wish us luck!

Also random question, how much has everyone's feet swollen after a c section? My feet and calves are more swollen than when I was pregnant =\