View Single Post
June 2nd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kody has been especially fussy since Friday afternoon, so much so that I called the doc's office. Since he was still peeing and pooping normally, and had no fever, they said it was my call as to whether I wanted to bring him in. Saturday I called because he was still fussy and they had no appointments, and I didn't want to go to ER for just a fussy baby. But when he was still fussy and hard to console this morning, I decided it was time to take him in.
At the ER the doc looked at him briefly and pretty much decided that he just needed a change in formula. (i.e., probably just gas.) I asked if they could do a bag catch on urine for him, since I really didn't want him to get catheterized yet again, but still wanted to check his urine. The doc agreed, but I don't think he thought it was necessary. Lo and behold, he had leukocytes (white blood cells--indicator of infection) and some trace blood in his urine. Poor little bub! In one way I'm kind of relieved because now I know what's wrong and we can treat him. They sent me home with an Rx for antibiotics and told me to follow up with his doc's office. They'll culture his urine. I feel so bad for this little guy, he's been through so much already in his short 3 weeks of life.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12