View Single Post
June 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Dee
Is anyone doing anything like this? Formally or informally? Planning/hoping to? Done it with an older LO?

Right now I take J to an early intervention class for babies once a week. It's about an hour and 15 minutes long, and we do the same thing every week. I mean, exactly the same thing, in the same order. But about the time I started to get really bored, I noticed that J seemed to be recognizing the pattern and was responding to it. Turns out, the repetition was for him, not for me! I learn some exercises to do with him each week and talk to other caretakers (moms, grandmoms, babysitters) and the OTs who run the class. He gets a chance to play on the floor with other babies.

I'm trying out a Kindermusik class on Friday, and I've looked into parent/child swimming classes. I work four days a week (plus whenever he's sleeping), but he stays at home with a sitter, so I want an activity we can do together once a week where he sees other kids and I have a chance to meet other parents.

I have tried a few times to get together informally with other friends who have babies, but they live at least an hour away, so it doesn't always work out. Hopefully this summer we can start meeting half way for a walk together or something like that.