View Single Post
June 5th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I couldn't do the whole "name and hope he grows into it" type of thing. I'd just not choose a name. It's just how I am. I'd be afraid if I picked a name that I hoped he'd grow into, that I'd just hate it every day for the rest of my life. I did find out that in my state, you don't have to name the baby at the hospital, it's just apparently a bigger ordeal with the social security office if you don't at the hospital?

I don't hate every name.. but none make me think I could learn to love them or even really really like them. It seems to me like surname-type names and word names that people recommend are very trendy. Biblical names are off the table completely, as I'm not Christian, so I think it's a little bizarre. So, I mean, I guess I do narrow the field a bit with knowing some absolute no's. Classic names are too popular for me, since my name is extremely popular, I'm very sensitive to popularity and trendiness. I know I'd never choose a name in the top 500. I think my girls' names were over 800 when I chose them.

Maybe I shouldn't even worry about it and just accept that he won't be named for awhile. I hate to do that, but I'm not sure what else to do.