View Single Post
June 5th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
A few months ago I decided to switch OBGYNs after feeling brushed off one too many times. I found one over the state line and though I didn't like several things about the office, decided to settle for it since she seemed open to helping me. It was agreed that she'd get my old records and then give me a call with a plan. A month went by and I hadn't heard from her, so I called. They don't have the records. Ok, a little annoyed but what can you do? I call my old office to find out they'd been mailed immediately. Call back, "Oh we have them, but just so you know we're closing the practice." I lost it. Made a comment through tears about being back to square one. She replies with "for everyone." Yea, that didn't go over very well. I informed her not everyone has been trying for more than 6 years. Not everyone has seven dead babies. And not everyone was hoping to finally be on the road to bringing home their rainbow. Something I said worked, because I was promptly put on hold while she spoke with the doctor. That afternoon they called me back with a referral.

I *finally* saw the new doctor yesterday and I LOVED her. She is more than willing to try progesterone (which I outright asked for). Told me "It couldn't hurt, but it could help, so why not?" My original OB wouldn't even consider it, said that if progesterone was low the pregnancy was doomed anyway.

So, now we have a plan. We have to wait a little bit before starting it (much to my disappointed understanding) but we have a plan. Why the wait? May 10th I came down with a headache that would.not.go.away. On day 10 (a Sunday), I couldn't take it anymore and went to Urgent Care. The lady at UC was wonderful. Rather than making me wait 2.5 hours to be seen, she went ahead and let me know that because of how long I'd had the headache they'd send me to the ER. (She even went and double checked!) So off to the ER we went. The ER was moving at a great pace and we were in and out in under four hours. The doctor did a CT scan and gave me some meds. The CT didn't show a cause for the headache, but did show a spot on my sinuses. The meds didn't do much for me. The pain med would buy me a couple of hours at most but that was it. The abnormal CT coupled with the persistent headache led to me going to a neurologist. He gave new meds (which have helped a ton, though I *still* have the headache) and ordered an MRI which was done today. The OB wants to wait until we know what's going to come of the MRI and headache before we work on getting (and staying) pregnant. Her concern is that treatment from the neuro might interfere. Completely valid! So, while I didn't want to wait, we are doing so with orders to make sure the neuro knows that we want to ttc asap.

That turned into a book...if you made it this far, you deserve a cookie.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)