View Single Post
June 7th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I co-slept with my son until he wanted his own space ( around 8 months) and now we are doing the same with DD. So many doctors and such try to scare moms into thinking it is soo dangerous to co-sleep, but there is so much evidence to the contrary too. The risk of SIDs is actually much less with a co-sleeping baby. Everyone is different but it seems so natural to me. Your baby spent all those months warm and snuggles inside of you..and now that they out it makes sense they want to stay with you. I think the risk of rolling on them or something can be real, but I also think most moms ( provided you aren't like drunk or on pain meds or something else that makes you sleepy) are so in tune to their baby naturally that they won't roll on them or what not. I know I would spend so much more time awake worrying about SIDs and such if my baby wasn't with me.

That said, everyone has their own way...but sleep is so important for you right now and I would take what you can get. Pumping is tough though!