View Single Post
June 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
First time mommy :)
Finally after 6 months my husband will be home tonight! I am so excited to put his son into his daddy's arms! His flight gets in at 8:30pm, so he should be here around 10 or so. 8 hours!!!

Axel is doing great. I can't get him to latch onto my breast still, as soon as he gets his mouth around it, it goes flat and he spits it out. We have been working on it a little every day but not having any progress. I am tgoing to look for a lactation consultant in the area and get some help because pumping is taking over my life. I can't go more than 5 to 6 hours without being so full that milk just pours out everywhere! But he is eating a lot, about 8 times a day he eats 2 to 3 ounces. I know that's a lot but if I give him any less he gets so fussy until he gets more. He is keeping it all down and pooping and peeing very regularly. He is usually awake from about 7 to 10:30am for playtime and tummy time. He can already scoot off of the pillow! And again from about 8pm to 11pm for more playtime. He sleeps in 3hr intervals during the day, and about an hour to two hour shifts at night. I am really looking forward to my husband being home for night time help!! It's hard work but just as wonderful as I thought it would be.

He has had some gunky eye problems so we had to have the doctor give us something for it. It is clearing up for the most part. He does have some dry flaky skin around his hands and feet that I am not sure what to do about? The doctor told me not to use soap or lotion so I haven't been, but is there anything else I could use to help it get some moisture?