View Single Post
June 11th, 2013, 07:29 AM
TTC the newfashioned way
Quote:
Originally Posted by jes81878 View Post
Leah...I'm new to IVF and this is my 1st cycle...so I'm kinda ignorant with the whole process, but I have read a lot about mini-IVF cycles and heard a lot of success stories. They seem to be a lot cheaper and not as hard on the body. Have you put any thought into a mini?
I have already paid for a shared risk program (3 fresh cycles and as many frozen cycles as we have embryos and if we don't take home a baby we get 80%back minus meds) so the majority is already paid for...but if we have to do a fresh cycle again, I have to come up with the meds ($4000) two more times.

Mini IVF is usually stimulating with clomid, freezing all the eggs and then doing a frozen transfer the next cycle (because clomid craps out your lining)...my first IVF cycle I only had 4 eggs and none made it to freeze, and this cycle out of 11 eggs, we txfered 2 (on day 3) and 2 made it to day 5 to freeze. Our clinic is 1 1/2 hours away and is the closest clinic to us, and does not do mini-IVF. Also, I don't produce enough follicles on regular IVF meds to get many to freeze, so I don't think that the stimulation would be sufficient for me to get many on mini either.

I have looked into it, because a friend did it (it didn't work for her), but it's still 5k, in places that do perform it, but I just dont' think it would be the right option for me. Thanks for bringing it up though, not a lot of girls have heard of it and it could be helpful to others!

On a different note, my chromosomal testing came back as contaminated...either it took me too long to pass it, or it wasn't processed correctly at the lab. Either way, no answers on if there was anything chromosomally wrong with the embryo.

At least now I'll have my follow up appt soon with the RE and we can discuss the FET.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

Last edited by *Leah*; June 11th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.