View Single Post
June 11th, 2013, 09:05 AM
CopperBoom!
I'm not even sure if we will have a party. It's still pretty up in the air right now. If we do, I think I want to have it at the children's farmstead (because he will finally be old enough to ride the ponies!) and either have a cowboy theme or a Toy Story Woody/Jesse theme. That said, Max has been asking for a Hello Kitty party. I have a feeling we will NOT be doing that.

To be honest, I'd like to stick to kid parties only for "big" years (1 year, 5, 10, 13, 16, something like that). And just do a smaller family party on other years. However, Sam has had a big party every year so far (Max only had one for his first birthday), and since she is turning 5, will have one this year. Plus, her mom and dad kind of do this stupid competition thing over who throws her a better party each year. I just hate thinking about some day having 4 kids and having to throw 4 parties a year. And then on top of it this year is the first year Max is really understanding the idea of birthdays/parties and he LOVES them (he sings the Happy Birthday song all the time ). I know that if Sam has a birthday party and he doesn't, he will notice and be really bummed out.

Sorry for the novel! I'm just still working out what to do.