Topic: A little sad
View Single Post
June 11th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got back from the hospital a little while ago after my dad had another surgery. It doesn't look like he is going to be out of the hospital until at least Friday. Lena will be here sometime between now and Friday, meaning my parents will be completely MIA when she arrives. It is really disappointing. I'm not upset with them or anything. Obviously, it's not their fault and I really want my dad to get better, but it stinks that they basically won't be around. On top of that, my aunt and uncle, who are like my second parents and are going to be helping us out with DD if I got into labor before Thursday night, are leaving to go to my grandparents' house 3 hours away from Friday morning until Sunday evening. They are kicking their butts trying to get the house painted and fixed up to sell since my grandpa passed away in April. I know it has to get done, but it sucks that they won't be here either. My brother lives an hour away and he is leaving for vacation on Saturday for a week. Again, disappointing. He works really hard in a high pressure job and needs a break, but I wish my family could be here. I am really excited that my sister will be here, but I am not sure how much time she'll be able to spend with us. My friends will probably stop by to visit, but it's not the same as having my family with me. DH's family won't be coming until next month.

I don't expect the world to stop bc I'm having a baby or anything like that, but it's hard that I won't be able to share this time with the people who mean the most to me. When DD was born, my parents, my sister, and MIL were in the waiting room. My brother came the next day. We were also 4 hours away from my family. My aunt and uncle were there a few days after we got home from the hospital to stay for a couple of days, and the day she was 2 weeks old, we took her to surprise my grandma for her bday. This time, we won't have any of that. And it's really hard, too, that my grandparents won't be able to meet her. It feels like I am only excited about having a baby so I'm not pregnant and feeling like crap anymore. And I feel like she is getting ripped off, too, because no one will be here and no one is really able to be excited about her showing up bc there is so much going on.

Sorry to whine... again. She really needs to come so I have something else to think about.