Topic: Conflicted
View Single Post
June 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had the pitocin with DD bc my water also broke before I was contracting. Even with it, my water was broken for 28.5 hours before she was born. We had to stay in the hospital for an extra day to be monitored for an infection. It was really awful bc the contractions were super hard and super intense from the beginning and never let up. They were also not as effective as normal labor contractions. I was only dilated to 1cm before that, so I had a long way to go. This time, I know I was already 3cm as of Friday and I have had so much false labor for the last couple of weeks that it, on top of all of the really stressful stuff going on with my family, is really threatening my mental stability at this point. So my midwife suggested just trying to jump start things on Friday and then turning it off bc she is also concerned about how mentally stable I am going to be if this continues. It would definitely not be my first choice and I hope things happen on their own before that, but if it doesn't, I have to do what I have to do to be able to care for DD and this baby when she arrives.