View Single Post
June 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Veteran
I was wondering if anyone became pregnant when they were taking some form of birth control? I was taking Micronor at the time I got pregnant unexpectedly. I use to take the needle which was fantastic but after finding out that it can cause damage to your bone marrow I had to stop.

My family doctor tried prescribing me Yasmin which I ended up having a bad reaction to after two weeks. Then we tried Tri Cyclen Lo and I was on that for two years, roughly the time I started getting very bad migraines so she took me off that. It was the same with the Neva Ring, bad migraines. I couldn't get the IUD because my doctor said it was painful for about a month or more with anyone who didn't already have kids.

Pretty much, my opinions were limited and my doctor ended up giving me Micronor which is apparently very finicky. Well lord and behold, roughly 8 months of taking it (3 of those months without using a condom) I got pregnant. I am pretty sure I didn't mess up though I guess it's possible since I am pregnant. After talking to the SO, we both decided to keep the baby and work it out. I mean I did get pregnant while on a birth control so I guess it was meant to be.

Wondering if anyone else had this happen to them? And what were you taking that "failed" on you?