Topic: Conflicted
View Single Post
June 12th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Super Mommy
My first delivery sounds very much like your experience (minus the fact that i'm NOT a rockstar like you and I did cave and get the epi after 14 hours, although apparently that saved me from a c-section). But my water had been broken for over 24 hours and still hardly any contractions and definitely not in labour. It was a tough decision but the pitocin was the only way to go.

Anyways i'm really scared this time. I chalk it up to the fact that i'm more educated now about everything than I was before. I had no idea what to really expect, I just went with the flow. Now I KNOW what can happen (bad or good) and I think THAT is what's scaring me the most. But I think i'm on the flip side of the fence. I think I would prefer to be induced again because it's familiar to me. I know what the process is. Going into labour on my own is terrifying because it's unknown territory.

I hope that you get the delivery you want and that your little man decides to come on his own....but even if that doesn't happen, i'm sure you will do the best you can with any situation that arises

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks