Topic: Long OT vent
View Single Post
June 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Julie
I don't think you are overreacting at all. I will say that it is super annoying when you aren't sure whether your kid is lying about something or not. It doesn't sound like you are unsure about Tristen, but I have been in a situation where I truly wasn't sure who was telling the truth and I hate that. Yourcousin really doesn't have enough proof to blame your son, so she needs to just drop it or she should have approached her son about it differently. In regard to you cutting yourself off completely from your aunt, I understand your anger at her for letting tristen go to your cousin's house, but maybe sleep on that decision and talk to her about how you feel? My kids' paternal grandmother constantly gives my kids candy and toys when I tell her not to, it is so annoying. I also feel she openly favors my daughter and that is unfair to my boys. I guess I feel that it would be too extreme and cause a major problem if I refused to let her see them, and my daughter would be devastated, and I don't have big enough balls to do it either lol. But anyway, that's just me. If you feel it is necessary to also cut off your aunt and are sure you can't trust her, that's what you should do. Good luck.