Who has experience with rashes?
View Single Post
June 13th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
I could use some advice or many just someone else who might catch something that i missed. I dont know what is going on with my DD that is causing her rashes. This is what I know so far:
1. her cloth diapers all cause rash in less than a day and redness within an hour of wearing one.
2. all cloth diapers are cotton, cotton/hemp, cotton/bamboo, bamboo with no top layer to wick away moisture EXCEPT one rumparooz that has a microfleece pocket that I stuff with a cotton prefold. I see no difference in any of the fabrics in terms of how fast they cause a rash.
3. Ive tried several detergents and nothing changes in the rashes. I even tried an additive that is supposed to get rid of ammonia from rockin green. I dont think the detergent is the issue because of this. I also have used the same detergent i use on her clothing and her clothes dont give her a rash.
4. Ive tried bleach and sunning the diapers to disinfect. Neither changed anything in the rashes.
5. I have tried cloth safe diaper creams and they do nothing. The only cream that works is butt paste (even prescription did nothing) which is not cloth safe. I used it with the cloth using cloth wipes as barriers and it worked but as soon as I stopped using the paste on the rash would come back immediately.
6. Pampers give her no rash even without butt paste and her butt is never red in them.
7. I tried some chlorine-free diapers from toys r us called Babyganics, and they didnt give her a rash but they did cause the butt to get red. The diapers say "Made with Chlorine Free, bio-based materials. NO latex, toxins, petroleum based lotions or fragrance".
8. She wore the same diapers with the same detergent, same water, same everything since she was born (some she started at 3mo old because of the size) and never had a problem but then around 13mo it all started. We've been dealing with this since February.
9. The only other times she has gotten a rash besides her butt was a few times her amber teething necklace caused a rash on one side of her neck. I find this odd since if it were the amber causing it, wouldnt she have a rash all around her neck? I took the necklace off of her (both because of the rash and then later i put in on her and she started chewing on it and broke off some beads).
So....why is all the more natural stuff causing rashes?? My DH says her body is rebelling against my crunchiness. I just dont know what I am doing wrong. I know there is plenty of HOT water in the wash. Ive tried less detergent or more detergent too. I have looked at the foods she eats thinking maybe allergy but nothing fits. I thought maybe teething but its been going on for 4 months now. The docs didnt know and just gave me a prescription rash cream that did nothing. Do I just keep her in pampers until she potty trains? I really dont want to do that but I wont let her constantly have a rash. Her rash isnt just a mild rash either, it bleeds and scabs. what would you do?
Erin & Jeremy
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Erin.minus.thyroid