View Single Post
June 14th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How long did it take for your periods to regulate?
It can take some time to see a regulated period and be consecutive. Everyone's body is different when it comes to BC and given you have taken the injections it is completely different than my experience with the oral kind.

Have you been using OPKs or charting your BBT?
This can really help you pinpoint your fertile times (OPKS) and when you actually ovulated (BBT). Going by online calculators is no where accurate given that some months you can O earlier or later than previous months. Another great thing to check is cervical mucus. If you have alot of eggwhite mucus then you know you are ovulating Using all these methods together really does increase your chances tremendously.

Have you been to the doctor for bloodwork or had your partner's semen analyzed?
This can seem scary but knowing what some of your blood levels are can really help your efforts. You can be tested for PCOS which is an insulin resisted disease that affects your fertility greatly and can cause you to form "empty" follicles each month that are filled with testosterone rather than an actual egg. Many people notice this if they are monitored via ultrasounds each month by their doctor because the ovaries look like they have a pearl necklace aka multiple immature follicles. Other things a doctor will check for is your FSH, LH and prolactin to see what it says about your egg reserve and quality. Allow many women think it is an all female only issue many fertility issues stem from Male infertility so a semen analysis will reveal if that is an issue or not. In other cases, like myself, you can just come up unexplained because neither person has an issue as far as hormones or health BUT they are not getting pregnant by conventional means. So they move on to medicated cycles with Clomid or Femara to help boost their chances.

Okay I may just have super overloaded you BUT these are very important things to remember when it comes to TTC

The ladies here are super helpful and have so much to offer as far as advice goes.

In regards to your Soy Iso, I say give it a try. What you will want to do is take at least 40 mg of it early in your cycle like CD 1-5 or CD 2-6 to help mature your follies. Things like Evening Primrose Oil (tablet formed vitamins) can increase your cervical mucous. Using K Y will completely stop your efforts at TTC because it literally blocks all sperm in so many ways. A more sperm friendly lube like Pre-seed can help tons so you do not have to worry about mucous as much if it is a problem. Taking a daily prenatal along with various vitamins like a super B-complex can also increase your chances as well.

My own story is that DH and I have been TTC since Dec 2010 with no luck. I was truly scared and stubborn about going to the doctor for help. This is our first medicated cycle and so far I am so happy I finally broke down and sought help from my doctor I was however very lucky with charting, which I started in Jan, I got a in April but miscarried early on.

Good luck with everything and if you need anything just PM me