View Single Post
June 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Padawan Kim
I gained 33 pounds during pregnancy and have 8 pounds to lose now, after just breastfeeding. My doctor said it's normal to have extra weight until you're done nursing, and said I'll probably be back to normal weight in a year. I think I'll be able to lose it faster than that once I start exercising, but I am a little worried about it hurting my milk supply.

What bothers me isn't so much the extra weight, but the way my stomach has changed. I got a lot of stretch marks during the pregnancy, and some of them are so dark I fear they'll be really noticeable forever. The skin around my old navel piercing looks all weird and super dark, too, against my regular super pale skin. Then, of course, there's the wrinkliness that I'm really hoping will go away with exercise. And does anyone else still have their linea nigra? Because I do...and I read that it doesn't always go away! Just last night I was telling my husband that I feel ugly. He tried to reassure me by saying he didn't think I look ugly, but I know he doesn't like how my body looks right now. Bleh. :/