Topic: cosleepers
View Single Post
June 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Hiya!
We both bed share and co-sleep. Her crib is side-carred to our bed, so there is no real difference between the two. But after her first waking, be that an hour or seven hours or twenty minutes, she sleeps with me in bed for the rest of the night. Either on my chest or in the crook of my left arm (the side where her crib is).

I LOVE it. I truly don't fully wake when I feed her, not even enough to remember how many times she woke at night. I feel so much more rested because of it. With the boys I fought it and was scared I would hurt them or form a bad habit. But this time I am rolling with it, being pretty sure we are bedsharing rather safely and that it is good for her to be with me. I don't truly mind if she ends up sleeping with us for a good while. Kieran slept with us until past a year. We would start him in his room and first waking he would come in with us. It worked. And he does sleep in his crib all night now.

I did post that Jo slept a 7-hour stretch last night. It was probably a fluke I was shocked though, I don't expect her to be sleeping that long on a regular basis. And am not sure I want her to, since babies sleeping deeply is not necessarily a good thing. It's a safety mechanism to wake up often.