View Single Post
June 17th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Super Mommy
I have nannied for several families, and the problem in the OP was an issue with just one of the families I was with for a few years. After a while, I suggested to the family that I would be more than happy to cook healthier foods for the children for lunch since they were asking me for my salad, fruit, or veggies that I would bring everyday for my lunch. Their parents didn't realize that their kids wanted stuff other than cheetos and chocolate, and oddly enough their parents started shopping for more produce, and as a result, the kids were eating up the fresh produce left and right!

Sometimes all it takes is a little communication to the parents about any concerns you have. If you have been taking care of these children for 6 months or longer then you have the right to bring up an issue like this to the parents in a calm manner and go from there. If they do not see it as an issue then don't argue with them, just leave it at that and remember even though you are responsible for the children while in your care, they are not your kids and it's something you don't have to worry about once you step foot out of their door.

EDIT:
I'm glad you are leaving, I was stuck in a similar situation and eventually had to leave as well. So disregard everything I just said but also in case you nanny for another family, keep that in mind!