View Single Post
June 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Super Mommy
We have a guy here at work that I work with regularly. He is very nice and has never given me any reason to dislike him. He gave me a compliment last week, asking if there was anyone at our client's office that disliked me, because I was so nice. Innocent enough.

Well this morning, he sent me an email that said something along the lines of "is there any outfit that you do not look stunning in? your husband is a very lucky man." I didn't read the email right away, and I guess I didn't respond for some time. He emailed me back and apologized saying that he would be professional from here on out and hoped that the email didn't get him in trouble. I responded and told him no worries, I hadn't yet read the email when he sent me the second one because I had been busy. I thanked him for the compliment, sent him a "You're welcome" for a question he had asked, and moved on about my day. He sent me another email, that read something like this: "Good grammar, nice, and beauty. It's too much." Okay dude.

I feel really uncomfortable by this. I'm just not the type of person that runs straight to HR. I had a man one time that is a client asking me some uncomfortable questions via email, like what type of bar he should go to that night. I told my manager this, and he told my director. The director handled it and we moved on. But when it is someone you work with everyday, I think it's harder to just go straight to HR or straight to management. I don't want to be the reason someone loses their job. He is a bit awkward socially. He's in his 40's and not married. So I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. What should I do? I've contemplated just not responding. I've also considered perhaps telling him it makes me uncomfortable. I'm just very shy and tend to be chicken sh** about these types of things. I'm just not sure how to handle it.

Last edited by mom2ariana; June 17th, 2013 at 11:13 AM.