View Single Post
June 18th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We tried the bottle last night. For both babies. Corbin's was mostly breastmilk with a little bit of formula in it. They took them great and afterwards Nolan latched back on great but Corbin didn't really want to. Then things got worse at the next feeding when Corbin wouldn't latch at all so DH took him to see if he could get him interested in eating with a little bit from the syrnge while I fed Nolan. Well Corbin fell asleep and then so did DH. This was at the 1am feed. Nolan woke me up at 4am to eat and that's when I realized DH still had Corbin and that Corbin had now missed two feedings. I was really upset, my boobs were super full and I was so stressed that we were sending the wrong message to both Corbin and my boobs. I don't want Corbin to get them impression that he can get his main food source from somewhere else but I feel like that's exactly what the bottle did. He latched on ok at 4am he didn't want his extra ounce then but at 7am he didn't eat much from me and finished the extra oz from the syringe. At 9am he only ate from me but it wasn't that much. :/ He only latched on for about 5 minutes before he fell asleep. I'm not sure what to do now. I know his last feed wasn't how much he needed but he had been awake for two hours so I knew he was going to fall asleep and I feel like sleep is pretty important for growing too. I don't want to be constantly shoving food down his throat and if I forced an extra oz at every feeding that's exactly what I would be doing.