View Single Post
June 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Interesting read! Just my 2 cents on the topic (not at all directed at you! While I am very pro-breastfeeding, I strongly believe women should still have options. Every woman and her circumstances are different. She may not be physically able to BF or maybe it's causing such mental anguish that bottle is best for mom & baby. That is what's great about a free country, options. That being said, in my personal experiences with BF, I believe women that would like to try BF need waaaay more support. It doesn't always come "naturally" or easily for each mom/baby. I had a heck of a time both times!! I never had great luck with the "lactation consultants" provided at either hospital I delivered at (one being a top hospital specifically for women in my city), nor with my local LLL and I think it's sad that women viciously attack each other in the BF vs bottle "debate" instead of supporting one another during a time when it's needed most. I attribute being able to successfully BF my son so long to my super supportive DH and reading all I could on KellyMom.