View Single Post
June 18th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Bébé Cowgirl
thanks ladies I need to get my anxiety under control with these u/s seriously...I was freaking myself out this morning when the tech took extra time on her heart, it's weird how I love seeing her but I dread the scan itself.

Melissa - they warned me at the start that they'd want to induce because of the blood thinners i'm on (they can't risk me going into labor naturally and then potentially needing an emergency C-section because even though i'll be switched to Heparin at 36wks, it takes 12 hours to leave your system...I think they can give you something to help reverse it, but it takes some time, and you can't have any type of epi or spinal block until it's all out of your system either which means they'd have to do general anth. which is also not ideal). I think my age is also a factor, i'm in a higher risk group (highest actually by age) for stillbirth and that risk begins to increase starting at 37wks so that may be playing a role in his recommendation too.

Ame - I don't blame your doctor at all for wanting to induce early since they don't know why you lost Clyde. I kind of feel same way as you do (safer out than in after a certain point) and I don't even have a good reason for feeling that way. I had a bad induction experience with Savannah (she was induced for other reasons - I wasn't on blood thinners for her) which just makes me dread doing it again....but goal is healthy baby so I'll do whatever I have to even if I'm not excited about it.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Last edited by L-SBB; June 18th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.