View Single Post
June 18th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
The article did say that it provided exceptions for those who are unable to breastfeed, so that's not really even the problem.

What about women who choose to go back to work while still breastfeeding? What about the option to leave your child with a babysitter at 4 months old and go out for a date night? Not everyone has the ability to be at their baby's side 24/7 for a year. There are probably better ways to go about this.

I wish that the lactation consultant at our hospital actually cared about those she is supposed to be helping. I also wish the nurses weren't so quick to push the formula when I struggled. The formula was on the cart before I even arrived at my room and had the option to decline it. We were also sent home with a can even though they knew I had been successfully bfing with dd2.

I think that education would go a LONG way. Helping people realize that their bodies are amazing machines that anticipate what baby needs and work to supply it, would go a long way to easing the "I don't think my baby gets enough" fears.