View Single Post
June 18th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Super Mommy
Welcome! Our first daughter was an oopsie and we are TTC #2, so I am hoping that we don't have any trouble again. I use an app on my phone more than FF, mainly because A) it's more accessible and B) I understand it a lot better. I have a 28 day cycle on the nose, and according to my app, I O on day 14. The key to predicting O is to count backwards 14 days from your next expected period, which is why it's so hard to predict O. I like my app because it is strictly data entry and doesn't tell me anything other than my fertile window based on my cycle length. FF actually gives you "crosshairs" that tell you when it thinks you ovulated. So the app I rely on requires a lot more human thinking, but I like that because I just want a good place to keep information that I can revert back to, not so much something that requires SO much maintenance. A lot of women on here have success temping and using OPK's. Personally, I don't think either is my thing. I just quit using OPK's this cycle because of the stress they were causing, and I'm not sure about temping. I feel it would cause me stress and I would have trouble fitting it into my schedule, so I'm not sold on the idea. But for others it works fantastic!! It just depends on the woman. I hope you get your BFP soon!! And I agree that this forum seriously has the most amazing women