View Single Post
June 19th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmomma3 View Post
From what I could remember from your other posts though, you did have medical help to expel everything, right?

See, a 'missed miscarriage' basically means that your body just doesn't register that it's supposed to miscarry on its' own and so in turn, it still thinks it's pregnant and therefore there is no bleeding. Hence the name 'missed' miscarriage. Your body totally missed the signals of miscarriage. Anyway, with a 'missed miscarriage' you have to have some sort of medical intervention, whether it be pills to start the miscarriage (which I believe you, JaeSung, took, right?) or even a D&C if the 'pregnancy' has gone too long, which was what happened in my case actually. Hope that helps clear that up for you!!! In a natural miscarriage, your body miscarries and expels everything on it's own without the need for medical assistance. This is why a lot of women actually miscarry very early on and don't even know they were pregnant. They just assume it's their period.
No. The baby came out all on its own. Some of the placenta, too. I only went to the er to get the rest out, because there was too much bleeding.

When the miscarriage actually happened, there was bleeding, as I figure is normally how it goes.

There is no bleeding initially because the baby and everything haven't come out yet. But once they do, there has to be bleeding. Just like giving birth, which is basically what it is.

You don't necessarily have to have medical intervention. There are three options. Natural. Using pills. And D&C.
And no, I did not use the pills. I asked for them, so I'd have them on hand in case I decided waiting for it to happen naturally was taking too long.

Please read this, if you will:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...y-my-loss.html (my baby. my loss.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minilegs View Post
I'm not sure because I've had a miscarriage at 11 weeks where I felt like I was in labor and there was major bleeding and passing of things. I also had a chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks where I got a positive pregnancy test and four days later I started bleeding not unlike a regular period and went through a whole period before stopping.
Mine was like that. Cramping, which I figure was like labor. Then the major bleeding, and passing of things. Mine was at nearly 11 weeks, gestationally. 10 weeks and 5 days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the original poster. Since this isn't about me. I hope what I told about my miscarriage is helpful.

I don't know if you can bleed without miscarrying. Maybe if you're not very far along?
I only know I had a different experience about a year ago. Was basically forced to end pregnancy. Was around 5 weeks. Used the pills that time of course. There was some bleeding, but not much.

Last edited by JaeSung; June 19th, 2013 at 06:51 AM.