Topic: All clear!
View Single Post
June 19th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, my pregnancy was really tough, especially the last month or so. I was in constant pain. So maybe it's just that I'm so glad to be out of pain and discomfort that everything seems wonderful!

Fiona is...wary. That's probably the best way to describe it. She never got excited about the baby while I was pregnant - part of that is because she really wanted a sister, but I think even if we'd had a girl she'd still be a little unsure about the whole thing. She barely looked at him when she came to visit us in the hospital. She doesn't want to hold him or touch him. Every once in a while she'll look at him in his crib or ask me a question about him, but it's like she's trying to play it cool and not show too much interest. I'm not pushing her. She's not acting out negatively, so I'm sure she'll come around eventually. She's very much a Daddy's Girl, and he's off work right now taking care of her while I handle most of the baby stuff...so she's just thrilled to have so much play time with daddy.

All kids are different though. I had a little brother and a little sister by the time I was 5, and apparently I was a doting little mother hen who couldn't get enough baby-time. So you never really know how they're going to react.