View Single Post
June 19th, 2013, 02:18 PM
4 kids?! Who's counting!
Hi ladies! Most of you know this if you're in the private FB group but Nolan was born on 6/13, about 6 weeks early. I am on my tablet so I will do a bigger update from my pc when I get a minute & share pix, but I wanted to update you all

He was 6lbs 11oz & 18in long, so a great size for his age! He is in the NICU, they estimate he could be there about 3 weeks but could be home as early as this weekend of he makes good progress. He was on cpap for a few days & had a ton of respiratory issues, I wasn't able to hold him or barely touch him for 4 days, so that was so tough. He has a nasal cannula now & they're working on weaning him off that slowly. He also cannot eat on his own, although we've been trying, so he gets pumped breast milk through a feeding tube until he figures out how to eat from a bottle. He is jaundice so he's under the lights but his levels aren't super high so hopefully he will only need the lights 2 days. His heart looks healthy but his heart rate drops quite a bit so they think he'll out grow that with time.

Once he's weaned off oxygen & able to eat on his own & isn't jaundice & stays that way for 24 hours he can go home!

It's been a very hard, emotional week but it could be a lot worse so we're thankful that he is progressing & a healthy size.

I'll try to get on my pc soon to do a birth story but basically I went into labor completely out of the blue & they couldn't stop it so I had an emergency c-section.