Topic: Update on Me
View Single Post
June 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately the meds will not help right away and neither would inducing me help right away either. Basically bells palsy can take anywhere from 6 weeks to even 6 months to heal completely the best I can hope for is improvement within 2 weeks. The meds will help the swelling that is happening on my facial nerve that's causing the paralysis to that side of my face and will help strengthen my facial muscles again. Also there are risks that it won't improve or even improve completely. They do not know 100% what causes Bells palsy but pregnant women are 3 times more susceptible to it. Also if someone had it in your family you can be more genetically predisposed to it. And if you have herpes simplex 1(cold sores) they feel that is possibly what causes it...is the virus attacks the facial nerve near your ear instead of manifesting in say a cold sore. Well obviously I am very pregnant. My gran had it twice. I had a mild case of it when I was 21. And thanks to my mom I've had cold sores since I was a child. All around a walking time bomb for it. I am hoping that I have no lasting damage from it and that I do recover completely. I hope recovery is quick. However two weeks if about the standard medication time and timeframe that they hope for "some" improvement. If no improvement by then I will be sent for a brain MRI.
I know that was a big long explanation for what I'm dealing with but I realized I didn't fully explain what was going on.