View Single Post
June 20th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLopez View Post
My mom has always been tiny (unhealthy tiny) I wouldn't call her fit, though. She doesn't eat enough.

My dad used to work out a lot. He was really buff for a while. Now he isn't as buff, but he is in shape.

I love my parents but I definitely feel that growing up with them the way they are/were was detrimental. When I saw my mom starving herself, I picked up on that, and figured that's how you get skinny. Seeing my dad work out and be determined should have been a good thing, but he was pretty obsessed with looks. My weight fluctuated up and down in my adolescence (hormones) and my dad always made sure to point out that I was getting fat. Thus I developed an unhealthy relationship with exercise. I used to work out so hard every single day that I would either throw up or feel like I was going to pass out.
You know I've read some studies that said dad's have a big influence on eating disorders. Apparently, dads have a lot to do with girls body image and have more of an affect on girls picking up an eating disorder than moms. I can't remember when/where I read this but it makes sense.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!