View Single Post
June 20th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh honey!

I have a thirteen year old Beagle, so maybe I can give you hope! Dixie did this last year.... Just started having diarrhea accidents. Sometimes urine and feces. I e had her since I was sixteen and I LOVE her so much!

I had the vet look her over and do blood and stool samples.... She was fine, so it was unexplained. She was able to use these big garbage bag sized feed bags that I put down. So, over night, I would put down 3-4 of these and she would go on them.

Then I altered her diet. She eats 3/4 cup of senior kibble a day and I replaced it with this:

1/4 cup ground beef
1/4 cup white rice
1/4 cup baby rice pablum
3 tbsp of pure pumpkin purée. (I buy this in the pie section of the store, but read the ingredients to make sure it only has pumpkin, no sugar etc added)

Making it is a pain in the butt! But I give it to her every time she has one of these diarrhea spells and it straightens her right out. It just seems to happen every so often. I usually make a huge batch and store it in the freezer in ready made servings for her to eat. Thaw out a couple days worth at a time, and add warm water so that it is the consistency of porridge.

I love my beagle so much! I know her day will come, but until that time, I'm willing to do a lot to keep her with me. Good luck and keep us posted. I hope you're ok! ((Hugs))