View Single Post
June 20th, 2013, 05:30 PM
We used to have a family membership to both the zoo and the children's museum in Atlanta but didn't renew it when the pass expired in April. We had a swing set too but about two weeks ago during a really bad storm, a huge tree fell and crushed both our swing set and the new tent we got. The tent was up in the back yard because we had camped out for Memorial Day�� we do use the sprinkler and a small kiddy pool a good but though and the kids do like that. I just wish there were ways we could take them out of our house and environment more so they could experience something new. I do like the idea of looking on Craigslist for 4-wheeler type things. We have a huge and rugged backyard that is perfect for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
We used to have a family membership to the zoo. This year we couldn't afford it. The zoo changed the rules and limited a family to 6 children. Well, for this summer that would leave half the kids out. On top of the $80 membership we would have had to add 5 individuals at an extra $10 a piece. We couldn't afford that.

Family "deals" for everything are usually aimed at families of four, and then you have to pay additional, which with 10, almost 11 kids, it makes everything beyond expensive.
I cannot imagine how you manage 10 children! I have 6 and some days I think I am ready to commit myself to the nut house! Kuddos to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
We used to have a family membership to the zoo. This year we couldn't afford it. The zoo changed the rules and limited a family to 6 children. Well, for this summer that would leave half the kids out. On top of the $80 membership we would have had to add 5 individuals at an extra $10 a piece. We couldn't afford that.

Family "deals" for everything are usually aimed at families of four, and then you have to pay additional, which with 10, almost 11 kids, it makes everything beyond expensive.
I cannot imagine how you manage 10 children! I have 6 and some days I think I am ready to commit myself to the nut house! Kuddos to you!!!
Bonus Mommy to Eli & Aubree