Topic: Vent thread
View Single Post
June 21st, 2013, 05:05 AM
Padawan Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Misty and Kim - did you end up having thrush?
No. They said Kaeldra would have white patches in her mouth if I had thrush, but they couldn't tell me what was wrong. They just told me that nipple pain was a common complaint. :/ I have been using nipple shields (as they instructed from the beginning) and tried to stop using them shortly before the pain got worse, and I think that had something to do with it. I have had to continue using the shields for the most part, which is really annoying. I wish they never told me to use them in the first place because now it's hard to wean off of them due to the pain. Some of the nurses there were telling me to try to stop using the shields, and others were telling me it's okay to keep using them. It would be way more convenient to not have to, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
I ended up calling my OB's office and he just called in the cream for me. I tried it for almost a week and it didn't make a difference so I stopped using it and focused more on her latching. That helped some and they were feeling a little better, but her new thing is holding the nipple in her gums stretching and chomping down on it while she stretches her body. I can't even describe how much that hurts.
My baby does this, too! I call it "shark mode" because she starts thrashing around like crazy, lol. I think she does it when she has gas (which is a lot of the time). I have to take her off the nipple a lot of the time when she starts doing it, but then she'll cry until I put her back on. Very frustrating.