View Single Post
June 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, that would bug me.

Some lost family on the husbands side found us. She used to live with me and MIL (many moons ago) in California. Her mom sent her to us to learn English, her English has gotten a lot better, I'm sure she won't ask me if I want soap for dinner (soup) or exclaim "look, theirs ****" (fog). She was 16/17 at the time, now she is 36 and has three babies. Now that made me feel old!

Then her mom friended me, I don't know her, but through her husband (she speaks not English) asked for MIL phone number I gave it, but told her she couldn't say she had found us on FB cause the husbands brother is on there and doesn't want to be found by MIL. She said okay, we were worried MIL would question how she got the number, but she was happy to hear from them. There was some sort of falling out, and they haven't spoken in years. Then I had to break the news that Abuelita (grandma) had passed a few years back. I figured they knew, but I guess MIL never told them. I always get a kick out of hearing the husband speak Spanish, surprises most people that he can...and I can't lol

I guess that's it here..