View Single Post
June 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, here I am, a few days over 36 weeks. After my two losses I couldn't imagine making this far. I guess I was scared to get my hopes up of actually having a healthy child come out of this. I'm still nervous of still birth, scares the crap out of me!
I was thinking last night about how mixed my emotions are. I am so excited that I could have this baby any time now (but know I'm one of those 40 weekers.) I think what it boils down to is that although I don't want to that I already have all these expectations for this baby. What if she doesn't measure up? (I know that sounds really odd to say, I mean, come on, she's a baby!) I'm sure I will love her more than ever, but I just have pre labor jitters I guess.
I know I'm still a little nervous about the birth part too. DH was gone for DD, so I have no idea what to expect out of him for this one. Also, when I had DD all the L&D rooms were full, so I had to wait 5-6 hours to finally get into one at 7cm. It's just so odd since we have wanted this child for over two years now and it's finally about to happen.
Anyone have any experiences they want to share?

Oct '11 June '12