Topic: Paper Scraps
View Single Post
June 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What do you keep as scraps? Almost everything.
Do you keep everything or do you have an approximate size scrap that you consider too small? I've been trying to get better about not keeping scraps that are too small. If they are long strips 1/2 inch wide or wider I will keep those. I also keep anything that is about 1 1/2 inch square. Anything I can get a punch out of or use for smaller cricut cuts (like on cricut embellies)
How do you store your scraps? I have them sorted by color in folders that have 3 different sized pockets. I can sort my scraps by size that way too. 3 folders go into a 12x12 magazine type holder. I have 4 of the 12x12 magazine type holders on my shelves next to all my other paper.
Any tips for storing scraps that you would like to share? If you use a paper or scrap for a punch or cricut cut, Trim off the cut part so you have a nice square/rectangle to work with. The smooth edges makes the paper neater to store and is also nice when you want to pull out a scrap for using with your cricut! It's amazing how much bulk it took out of my scrap paper folders when I went through and trimmed everything up.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!