View Single Post
June 21st, 2013, 07:18 PM
Just keep breathing.
I have a somewhat regular ovulation schedule, so not sure how helpful this will be to your situation. I start using the wondfos at CD10 (ovulating CD14 or 15). What you want is to start them early enough in your cycle so that you can clearly see over time when they are light/negative, and when they darken.

To start, I use them around noon, every day. I have a bunch of dixie cups under my bathroom counter. I also keep a plastic baggie with some dixie cups and wondfos in it in my purse, in case I'm at work or out somewhere. I catch some of the urine stream, dip the wondfo for 3 seconds, then let it sit for 5 min before I read it. (If I'm at work, I sit in the stall and play solitaire on my phone for 5 min ) If it seems pretty close to positive, with the test line almost as dark as the control line, I test again around 3pm.

They can be pretty infuriating, since there *is* a line almost always. With pregnancy tests, when you get an extra line it means something. But with opks there's a lot of "wait, is that positive?" But in my experience, if you use them for enough days, it's pretty clear when it is positive for sure, when the test line gets as dark as the control line.

To be honest, I've only used them for a few months here and there throughout the past year. I've conceived 3 times in the last year, all ending in loss, but the wondfos have been enough for me to figure out when I ovulate. The first time I used them, I had sex the same day I got a + and the day after, and conceived. The next time I used them, I had sex the day after I got the +, and conceived. The other few times I've used them it was just for tracking, or TTA.