View Single Post
June 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Super Mommy
We checked in at the hospital at 5am on Wednesday June 19th for our scheduled induction. I was hooked up to the monitors and the IV and I was still sitting at 2cm and 50% effaced as I have been for a month now. Several attempts on the IV, I have terrible veins. Pitocin was started at 6:15am. By about 7:30 the contractions were getting more intense and I told my mom to please get there soon. I always need my mom by my side. At 8am the anesthesiologist came in and put in my epidural. I was really scared and my nurse Sarah was wonderful. She held my hand and let me know when I would feel pain and assured me it should only be a few seconds. That really helped calm me because I was shaking I was so nervous. I was also given some nausea meds because I was throwing up.

Nurse checked me and I was at a 4 and about 70% and she said it would probably be a few hours because Aubrey was still really high up. About an hour later I felt so much pressure I was scared she was coming out and I didn't know it because I was so numb. I had my sister get the nurse and she checked me and was shocked to say that I was at 9cm and fully effaced and 0 gestation. Doctor was paged, I pushed 3 times with nurse and doctor came in. I didn't even push with the doctor, he just stood there and put his hands out because she slid right out, literally. I cried when I saw her, she is just so beautiful.

She was born at 10:47am and weighed 7lb 4oz and was 19.25" long. My husband is so in love. This is our first baby together so he has never experienced labor or a newborn. It is so beautiful to see how in love he is with her and how excited he is to wake up and see her everyday. Her sisters are just as in love too and we are one happy family

~Kristin~