View Single Post
June 22nd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Nerd
I have been putting it off and putting it off and putting it off. But the reality is that we are pregnant and it's time to move from the TTC #1 journal section to the GRAD section. I tell you I really am torn because those ladies were my support. Nicholle, Jen, Ashley, Elle, Cait, Jessica, Reba (where have you been, lady?), Ashley, and all of the newer ladies were good to me.

But here I am, somewhere between 6 weeks and 2 days to 6 weeks and 6 days, depending on what you look at. If you go by OPKs and FF, then I'm almost 7 weeks. According to the measurements from the ultrasound I had yesterday I'm actually 6 weeks and 2 days. What difference does a couple days make anyway? Wouldn't it just be more simple to tell pregnant women, "Hey, you're due in Early February." Instead of making it some big deal, "Oooohhh, you're due on Feb 10. No, wait! Feb 13!"

This baby is a Clomid baby. The OB GYN put me on Clomid after several months of annovulatory cycles. I was trying for a Decemember baby. I was aiming to have a baby inbetween semesters. That way I figured I could atleast take one class in the spring semester. But we make plans, and God laughs.

My betas all increased in a textbook pattern. I was signed up for an ultrasound to check for a heartbeat. I was so excited about the ultrasound that I think I built it up a little in my head. I ended up walking out of the doctor's office feeling pretty down. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I thought I explained it to my husband that I wanted him to VIDEO the ultrasound so that I could send a DVD to my grandmother. Just as I was asking the tech if he could use my iPhone she cut me off and said, "Oh, I'll give you pictures, don't worry." So he didn't catch any of it. My grandmother lives in another state and this was my way to try and include her in the appointment. My husband felt guinely (sp?) bad that he hadn't understood what I wanted.

The way the ultrasound worked was we were walked back to a big room. I undressed from the waist down and sat on the table. Then my legs were put into stirrups. The wand was thinner than I had imagined, and it was warm. That was a nice change! The tech had to look all the way in the very back of my uterus to find baby. So it didn't hurt, but it sure was uncomfortable. The baby looked like a line with a flicker, next to a blob. The flicker was the heartbeat (122 bpm) and the blob was the yolk sac. I have two pictures that I will post when I'm back on my desktop.

Oh yeah. Husband had the great idea that we should go whitewater rafting this weekend. So we rented a cabin in N GA with some friends and then went on a long raft ride this morning. We got soaked. But we had an incredible guide. He was very experienced so I wasn't worried about his steering. He got us good, though. He would sometimes wedge the raft in the middle of a rapid and let us be pounded by the water. The very last route he convinced us that we should take the "Hero route" where there was a "99.9% chance" that we would flip the raft. Everyone wanted to do it, so I agreed. Well, he told us to get down and lean to the left, then he left the water rush in over the left side and sweep us all out. The guide stayed in the raft. That trickster! So we had a good laugh and got back on board. I highly recommend it to anyone. But maybe not anyone who is pregnant. I think that will be the end of my extreme adventures for the next nine months.

So now I'm sore in my quads and glutes. Which reminds me that I need to get back into the gym. I had to take time off because the day I found out I was pregnant I tripped in the yard and sprained my ankle. BUt it's pretty much healed now. I don't think I'll be doing the high impact aerobics stuff, but I need to get back to BodyPump, which is a strength training class. And yoga. I need some yoga in my life.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.