View Single Post
June 24th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Hey, preparing for my 3rd natural birth. I have 3 kids and this is my 4th pregnancy. My first was a medicalized epi birth that I hated. I decided to do things differently the second time and glad I did. She was a 2 hour birth from start to finish after my water broke on its own at home. She came flying out in one push and was 8 lbs and 7 oz. Not a small baby. The 3rd was a hard pregnancy. High blood sugars, higher blood pressure- on the border, but not all the way. Swelling and just feeling really pretty crappy the last few months. I didn't like my midwife, but didn't switch, really should have. My blast two babies like to hang out breech the last few weeks and I had to actively work to get them to turn. I had to do head stands in a swimming pool last time so my boy would flip. Thankfully it worked. The second was manageable and I felt I was able to relax and let go. The 3rd I was freaking out more, not relaxing, etc. I never wanted to do it again. I had 3 weeks of prodromal labor, was only in the hospital for an hour before he came or in two pushes at 8 lbs 9 oz.

I know I can do it again, have changed midwives and like this one so far. She has great reviews from the natural birth community. I panicked so much last time I was talking epidural after the first BFP. However, I do know its best for baby not to get one. And I love the recovery! What really changed my mind was money. Crappy insurance. I just don't want to pay extra for one more thing! And I'm being realistic, by the time I'm in labor I know I barely make it to the hospital in time. Have looked into home birth, but I have a history of post partum bleeding. And the nearest hospital is awful. Anyway, decided I need more natural child birth support from those who are doing it, planning it or have done it.

Last edited by heikaJ; June 24th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.