View Single Post
June 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Hiya!
I nurse in public all the time. Doesn't faze me at all. But never really did. I spent about 3 years of my life in the hospital, where they watch you poop and shave your pits...so nothing is off limits for me anymore

BUT great way to nurse with big boobs and nothing showing: Wear a somewhat normal bra, nursing or otherwise (doesn't work as well with a sports bra). And a microfiber tank top underneath whatever shirt you happen to be wearing (I often layer two tank tops on top of one another, since its hot outside). To nurse, pull top tank top/shirt up, pull bottom tank top and bra cup down. With baby laid across your legs, after you pull the top tank top up, lean over baby to pull the others down and latch on while leaned over a bit. Sit up and rest your hand over any skin that is exposed that you might not want (or re-adjust tank tops to cover). Baby's head will cover anything else. When they are done, shove booby back in, adjust before pulling top tank top back down. (Hardest part for me: remembering to pull it back down! Lol)

I often nurse this way for others comfort. I don't want to be that freak show with a boob whipped out, regardless of the fact that it doesn't bother me at all. And it's a piece of cake now that I have been doing it for so long (more than 3.5 years now! Wow).

I wouldn't ever get anything done if I didn't nurse in public! Lol.