View Single Post
June 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't handle lack of structure and Leah is the same, so we have a summer schedule. It seems to be working out well so far. We do an activity together in the morning (I have a bunch in a box and they pick one out when we get up). Then lunch, quiet time, independent play, snack, tv, outside play, dinner, family walk/park. We worked on her attitude over the last couple of months, so that should be ok until she goes back to school. Our focus this summer is the kids playing independently. So it's actually included in our daily schedule.

So far, we've only picked two activities. Monday was a wading pool and yesterday we went to one of the beaches. Today, we had a playdate, so we didn't have to pick something.

I want this week to slow down a bit. We have so much to do before the weekend! The good thing (sort of?) is that DH's family prefers staying at hotels when they come visit, so we'll only have my brother staying with us. But we still have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do before people show up. James is so excited though. I love that. He's been talking about it non-stop since he saw a light sabre at the toy store a few weeks ago (which is one of his gifts).