Topic: New here
View Single Post
June 27th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Research and read like crazy! I did hypnobabies home study and it really helped me a ton (along with all the reading I did!) to get me over my fears and make it through my birth. I did everything I could to get my VBAC knowing that if I didn't do everything I'd always wonder if I ended up with a c/s. Zoe was mispositioned at 41.5 weeks when I started having contractions. Went to a chiro and 24 hours later had my VBAC. I'm not normally the chiro person (first and only visit!), but I couldn't not do everything that I could! I did not have an easy VBAC - over 60 hours of labor, forceps were used, had horrible back labor, 2nd degree tear, etc - but I don't regret a single part of it. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat to not have another c/s! My milk came in after 2 days. I WALKED out of the hospital 24 hours after birth. A week after birth I was at the beach being lazy with my family. 1.5 weeks after birth I was alone with both kids for 2 days and I had no issues doing the cooking, cleaning, diapering, etc of both. No way could I have done that after a repeat c/s. The two after birth experiences I've had just don't even compare.