View Single Post
June 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
But I'm kind of worried that something might be wrong because Finnegan is just too easy of a baby. Maybe it's just that his big sister was SO much more difficult...but it seems like I'm getting off too easy here.

I usually put Finn to bed between 9-10. Normally he'll wake up around 2, and then again around 6 to eat...I thought that was pretty awesome. I've gotten so much more sleep than I ever did with Fiona - she was super colicky, and we had a hard time with breastfeeding, and she never slept for more than an hour or two at a time, and screamed inconsolably for hours and hours and hours. Last night I bathed him, fed him, and put him to bed around 9:30 like usual...and then I woke up to sunlight coming through my window at 5:30 this morning and realized I'd slept through the whole night and he never woke up. I promptly freaked out, and ran into the nursery, thinking for sure there was something wrong. Nope. Sleeping peacefully. He had a wet diaper, so I changed it, and he woke up half way through and just kind of looked at me like, "Oh hey mom...what's up?" Then he was bright and alert and I fed him and he chowed down for almost an hour, had a big poop and fell back to sleep. About an hour later he was wide awake again, but not fussy, just looking around, checking out the world. I skyped with my mom for an hour and held him in my arms and he was just happy and awake, not a care in the world. Fed him mid-morning and he's been asleep for the last two hours.

Am I just so used to having a difficult child that a normal baby seems TOO easy? He's eating a ton, has the right number of wet and poopy diapers, his poop looks totally normal, breastfeeding is easy, he sleeps like crazy, and when he's not sleeping he's happy and alert. He hardly cries or fusses.
Is this normal? Seriously, if all babies were this easy I'd have tons more.