View Single Post
June 27th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsturner View Post
I'm not a smoker now, but I was when I got pregnant with my first. It was hard, and I STILL am tempted (13 years later).
Just wanted to offer love and non-judgemental support!! Good luck to all of you!!
I just wanted to echo Susan and offer love, non-judgemental support, and luck on your journey to quitting. I smoked for 10 years before my first and I had my last cigarette the day I found out I was pregnant. (7 years ago) It was so hard, but my dh would have killed me had I continued. We had been trying for 16 months and I promised myself and my dh I would quit immediately if I was blessed enough to get pregnant.

I stayed a nonsmoker throughout my pregnancy and my son's young years, but every once in a while I would fall off the bandwagon, especially in social situations and when something stressful happened. What really helped me was that if I cracked and bought a pack I would smoke the couple to get rid of the craving or while at the party and then break the rest and throw them in the toilet. I just couldn't have them around or I would continue to smoke them until they were gone. Then I knew that if I really wanted another, I would have to waste another $7 or so. I'm cheap so it helped. It wasn't until just recently, within the past year or so, that I noticed that it isn't the first thing I want when stressed and that I actually like being a nonsmoker. It only took 7 years! You can do this! It will be hard, there's no doubt about that, but you can do it! Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewJewB View Post
My vice is definitely alcohol. I'm not picky. I would take wine, beer, a cocktail. Whatever! LOL! It's not hard for me to give it up. I would just really like one every once in a while.
I want a glass of wine so bad!!!!! And it doesn't help that I have a large bottle of one of my favorites in the fridge in our garage!

1st Beta (6/17/13 - 14 dpo) - 150
2nd Beta (6/20/13 - 17 dpo) - 622
3rd Beta (6/24/13 - 21 dpo) - 2518
4th Beta (6/27/13 - 24 dpo) - 7142
1st Ultrasound (7/1/13 - 6w0d - measuring 5w6d, 103 bpm, CRL - 2.59 mm)
2nd Ultrasound (7/9/13 - 7w1d - measuring 7w1d, 144 bpm, CRL - 10.15 mm)
3rd Ultrasound (7/26/13 - 9w4d - measuring 9w4d, 140-150 bpm, CRL - 2.8 cm)
4th Ultrasound / NT Scan (8/12/13 - 12w0d - measuring 12w6d, 142 bpm, CRL - 6.5 cm)