View Single Post
June 27th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm really hoping for a natural birth, as well as a VBAC this time around. With DS, I went a week overdue, was naive enough to go in for an induction because I was already in labor and thinking I wouldn't need pitocin. I ended up stalling at a 5 for 8 hours or so and had a c section.

This time, I want a natural, vbac birth with limited interventions. I chose a different provider who said she would do VBACs, but the more questions I ask, the more I'm kind of on the fence about her? I feel like maybe its more tolerating vbacs than encouraging them. They prefer epidurals but she said she can't make me get one. She said its hospital policy to have internal monitoring of the scar when everything I've read says that external is better and less invasive.

I guess I'm extra nervous because my first birth was everything I didn't want, and this is like my do over! I'm also a totally non confrontational person who hates uncomfortable situations. But I feel like I'm going to have to fight to get what I want (like the monitoring). Is it like that with most providers?

I did find a practice that's further away that specifically says they work with their patients to create a birth plan and have a c section rate that's 10% and they welcome VBACs. Do you think it's worth looking into? I'm just afraid they'd have their own VBAC restrictions. And the hospital they use is 45 minutes away vs 5...

I'm also planning to labor at home for as long as possible, regardless of where I deliver. Not sure if that makes any difference... What would you do?