Topic: so frustrated
View Single Post
June 28th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
I am in the same boat. As a matter of fact, we just went to the doctor yesterday morning, as I was suspecting reflux. It is worse than colic because it is ALL DAY LONG. I can rarely console her without her crying, much less anyone else so I can get a break. The doctor told me I really need to start spacing out her feedings, because if it is reflux, the constant full tummy is just making it worse. Yeah, try telling that to a one month old cranky baby who's only comfort is sucking on mom's boob all day long. It is so heartbreaking to hear her cry. So yes, I am totally empathetic to your situation. I am almost looking forward to going back to work.
Breastmilk is soothing on their throat if there is reflux. I am kind of surprised by your pedi's suggestion to space out feedings. That could result in crying out of hunger in addition to screaming from the reflux when you do feed her. With constant screaming, I'd ask for medication to help. Zantac is usually prescribed first, but Prevacid was what made a difference for Abri as an infant. Hang in there!! There is light at the end of the tunnel. Most reflux improves around 4-6 months