View Single Post
June 28th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Veteran
It was in the upper 80s today and is supposed to get hotter over the weekend. I know all of you people from the South probably think I'm a total sissy...and I will admit to that! But nobody has air conditioning up here, because our weather is generally pretty mild.

I took Claire for a walk in the stroller today with some friends. On the way back to the car, she started screaming bloody murder...I just assumed it was her freaking out as usual (she's colicky and does that sometimes) so I just hurried back to the car. When I got there and got her out of her car seat (in the stroller) she was dripping sweat. I was HORRIFIED. Started the car and blasted the AC and just sat with her in the front seat for 15 minutes or so while she cooled down. I felt like the worst mother ever...it was absolutely heartbreaking.

DH is going to buy an oscillating fan right now, and we have an AC window unit for our bedroom. I'm also considering going to stay at my parents' house for a few days (they have AC, miraculously) but really don't want to leave DH (who has to work and can't come with).

Also, this heat makes it really hard to snuggle/soothe the little princess, because we both end up sweating like a ***** in church. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm looking forward to some gray skies and drizzle!!